Saturday, November 26, 2016

Neon Knights at 89 North Oct. 22 2016

I love photographing at local music venues. There's something about the energy and passion of a right-in-your-backyard band playing at a home club that can't be beat. I also have an affection for tribute bands, who put their love of a band or artist on stage for fans.

Neon Knights (The Epic Tribute to Dio) is a band I love to watch, but I hadn't until recently photographed any of their shows. When they played 89 North Music Venue as part of a Club Load event in October I decided to rectify that situation. I contact Micheal Power, the lead singer, and got the band's OK to shoot the show. I'm very glad I did, because it was a wonder set, and I loved the images I was able to snap. As a fan of Dio's career, from Rainbow to Black Sabbath to his own solo work, I got thrill seeing his music performed by a band who clearly have a love of his work. The crowd loved the show, and I think Dio would have approved of this tribute.

Below is a sampling of images from the October 22nd night's show, and the full gallery is located HERE. And don't forget that Neon Knights has a gig at Revolution in Amityville on December 3rd.


No comments:

Post a Comment